Friday, October 11, 2013

Today is Bouquet Day





The last of the field flowers for the year are the purple asters so I had to make an entire bouquet out of them to celebrate their beauty.  I love the simplicity of one colour of flower on this busy thrift shop tablecloth with scenes of Paris along the border.  The Parisian theme is appropriate because our friends from France will be visiting for the weekend. We are heading up to the cottage and will be sharing a typical Canadian Thanksgiving weekend with our visitors - enjoying turkey and pumpkin pie and walks in the fall leaves.

What are your plans for the weekend? Wishing all of my fellow Canadians a Happy Thanksgiving and the rest of you a relaxing few days.



7 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds blissful.
    Gorgeous tablecloth too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look very pretty, and I really like the tablecloth.
    Happy Thanksgiving weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew what these type of flowers were called (isn't that terrible?) This looks so pretty.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you! I love asters. I had pink ones but they didn't come up this year. Yours are lovely. Hope you are well and the school year is running smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D LOVE the purple asters in the little brown jug. I have a love for vintage table linens, and your tablecloth is so cute! LOVE the colors in it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty! Happy Thanksgiving! Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Your composition of these bouquets is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete