Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WISH Wednesday #37

Given that July 1st, aka Canada Day, is just around the corner it seemed appropriate to find a room that was red and white for WISH Wednesday (Weekly Inspiration for a Seasonal Home) - and what a room it is!  This room seems so Canadian to me, not only because of the red and white, but also because of the quilts on the beds and the lovely wood floors and the simple cottage vibe.  It definitely has an east coast flavour and in fact is a room in a house in the seaside town of Chester, Nova Scotia.  To me it is a study in perfection - simple, well-appointed, and cheery.


Philip Mitchell via Canadian House and Home

And since it is the end of the month here is a mosaic of the past WISH Wednesdays from June.  This might be my favourite combination yet - I love the reds and the grays with a few blue touches thrown in.  Oh, and did you notice that since I needed an even number of pictures, I found another photo of that gorgeous white kitchen with the gray island (which you can see in a larger size here).  Isn't it gorgeous?



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Loving this decor! The white looks so fresh and bright, letting the bright colored accents shine!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely room. That open door makes me want to have a good look round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty decor!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Red and white is my favorite color combination! I love this little bunk room....I think the storage under the beds is a brilliant idea! Also, the bunks are so nautical, and I love the prints, too. Nice WISH Wednesday inspiration! I also like these end of the month mosaics, too.

    xo,
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Canada Day Dear! I love your Wednesday posts. They are like little presents wrapped with a beautiful bow. I would love to take a pic like the first one...through a door. Very cool. When I pinned it your blog name came up for the description. How did you do that? Just curious. Mine always pin with an image no. Enjoy your day. We are supposed to hit 100 today. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete