Friday, January 14, 2011

What a Difference Six Months can Make

Today I went skating for the first time this season and it was lovely.  I went with my friend Kim and I realized that almost exactly six months to the day we will be going from this - 


to this -


the wild streets of Bangladesh,


 complete with rickshaws, cattle,


and monsoon rains.


Although, in actual fact, we will be staying at the Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP) which looks like this -


I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Photos source

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, what an exciting life you lead! What a remarkable trip you'll be going to on and the experience will, no doubt, be engaging, touching and fascinating. Can't wait to hear about it. Six months will fly by!

    What a great photograph of your skating, now that looks like great fun!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, think about how quickly the last 6 months have flown by, you'll be there before you know it! You're already a seasoned world traveler my friend, no need to worry!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you must be very excited about your trip, Grace! I thing it is very noble of you. What a remarkable opportunity for service. Enjoy the cold weather while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Grace - this is so exciting! I understand the jitters, but the EXPERIENCE... is a chance of a lifetime...and you will be enriching lives. Please tell me you will blog about it. The photos are a great depiction of life in Bangledesh. I'm in awe of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will be so exciting. I have been to India 3 times while my sister lived there. In the beginning it was all too much and now I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace, I look forward to hearing much more about your upcoming trip.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm excited and nervous for YOU!
    we Canadians must skate...
    or go nuts in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's coming up quickly Grace! Best of luck in your travels and planning. It's going to be a trip of a lifetime, I'm sure. Will you be able to blog while you're there?

    ReplyDelete